1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me out with my Blackbird adaptation

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by CoverMeBadd, Mar 5, 2008.

1. CoverMeBadd

CoverMeBadd

Mar 4, 2008
    Hey, Im new to these forums. Im finishing up high school this year, and Im trying to get into a jazz band at a college Im interested in. This is one of the songs Im preparing for the audition. Its a variation of Jaco Pastorius's version, it starts out with his and then goes into an adaptation I used to make it longer. Im no pro, so I could use some help on my songs too. BTW, I use an Ibanez Iceman. This is from a school recital, so its no perfect recording. Theres two other songs I did there too, So What and Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Only other songs in my profile XD.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XbBkyOjpSI4

Some other songs Im planning to do for the recital are So What, Something, and maybe Day Tripper (working on this one right now)(I like like the Beatles XD). Any suggestions of songs around what you feel my level is would be great. I love classic rock too, so keep that in mind XD.

Thanks for any input you can give, I hope Ill be able to contribute here myself as well.