Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me out!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ckonthe1, Jun 24, 2002.

1. ckonthe1

ckonthe1

Oct 26, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    I need a bass that can do everything! I play a little bit of everything and I want a bass that can handle that.

From jazz to funk, rock to country. I tap into all of that and need a bass that can do it! Any suggestions?

thanks!!!

ck

2. If you got the dough go with an American Fender Standard Jazz Bass. If not just get a Mexican one. It can handle anything and if you treat it right it will last forever.

3. -Fender Precision

-Fender Jazz

-Ernie Ball Sting Ray or Sterling

-G&L L2000/2500

4. A few more details would be nice. Like price range and the such, because there are a lot of basses that can do lots of stuff, it just depends on how much you want to pay for them.

But I would also suggest a MIM or MIA Fender Jazz (the precision isn't all to versitile IMO). MIM or MIA depending on how much you are willing to spend. Mexico made is a good choice if you are like me and love upgrading your bass more than you love playing it :D.

5. ckonthe1

ckonthe1

Oct 26, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks!!! It seems that the ruling would be a Fender Jazz. Well, I have one and it does sound pretty amazing! It's a japanese reissue. AND I just put some new pick ups in it.

The bass that I currently use is a Yamaha BBN5A. Smokin' bass. Yamaha has discontinued this model. So, I'm on the hunt for a back up that has a similar sound. Well, at least as BIG of a sound.

Price range? I don't wanna go more than 1500$ if I can.

ck