Help me out!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ckonthe1, Jun 24, 2002.

1. ckonthe1

ckonthe1

Oct 26, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    I need a bass that can do everything! I play a little bit of everything and I want a bass that can handle that.

From jazz to funk, rock to country. I tap into all of that and need a bass that can do it! Any suggestions?

thanks!!!

ck

2. If you got the dough go with an American Fender Standard Jazz Bass. If not just get a Mexican one. It can handle anything and if you treat it right it will last forever.

3. -Fender Precision

-Fender Jazz

-Ernie Ball Sting Ray or Sterling

-G&L L2000/2500

4. A few more details would be nice. Like price range and the such, because there are a lot of basses that can do lots of stuff, it just depends on how much you want to pay for them.

But I would also suggest a MIM or MIA Fender Jazz (the precision isn't all to versitile IMO). MIM or MIA depending on how much you are willing to spend. Mexico made is a good choice if you are like me and love upgrading your bass more than you love playing it :D.

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Fender Jazz.

6. ckonthe1

ckonthe1

Oct 26, 2000
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks!!! It seems that the ruling would be a Fender Jazz. Well, I have one and it does sound pretty amazing! It's a japanese reissue. AND I just put some new pick ups in it.

The bass that I currently use is a Yamaha BBN5A. Smokin' bass. Yamaha has discontinued this model. So, I'm on the hunt for a back up that has a similar sound. Well, at least as BIG of a sound.

Price range? I don't wanna go more than 1500$ if I can.

ck

7. Sting Ray or G&L L2000/2500