Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me pick a bass. Ibanez BTB1005e vs. Warwick Infinity SN 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SerBass, Nov 9, 2003.

1. SerBass

SerBass Guest

Nov 8, 2003
    Hey guys, don't hammer the newbie to bad. I'm shopping for a bass and I'l be playing fingerstyle reggae/dub, metal, blues and I'm torn between these two basses. Any help or other recommendations would be helpful. This will be going through an Ampeg B2r and an Avatar 4x10 and 1x15 cab.

Adam

2. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I think you are going to find the Ibanez to be a lot more versatile than an Infinity. It is also less than half of the price!

3. Warwick.

4. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Lakland Skyline 55-02 Standard. ($750 USED)

Ohh, if you are a NooB to bass, I would suggest Getting a 4 string (most do) but you dont 'need' to get a 4.

In fact... I started with a 6 string

Good luck with whatever you get... Look on this site in the 'For Sale' section. I STRONGLY suggest the Lakland... BUT if you are going to get One of the Two basses You listed...

Go for the BTB.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am partial to the infinity, you will not find another bass like it. Here is mine

6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Definitely man. I think the Infnity looks ugly too :spit: :D

7. Somebassguy

Somebassguy

Nov 5, 2003
    Everett Wa
    Well let me start off by saying that looking for that RIGHT bass is half the fun! I also went through the same dilemna as you. I just got back into playing again and I guess I tried at least 20 basses this past month. Most of them were nice but just not for me. Doing a ton of research I came across a bunch of user reviews for the Schecter Custom. Let me tell you this, after playing it, it literally blew away every bass I played under the $1000.00 category. Insane lows, beautiful highs and a very trebly mid that will knock you off your chair! I'm not here to say that one bass is better than the other, each person has their likes and dislikes, but do yourself a favor and try one out, I guarantee you will be pleasanly surprised :)

Gabriel :bassist:

8. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Ibanez more versatile?:confused:
    Infinity, UGLY:confused:
    Pls, going forward insert a "imho" or what not...
    I thought... for a moment we lost the Iraq war...
    I think you guys need to get out more.

Bro hands down... versatility, looks and if $ is not an issue your answer is WARWICK.

9. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Well, the Infinity's about $2500, and the BTB's about $1000. I'm not rich by far, enough to buy a 3 thousand dollar bass. Get the BTB and a new rig if you have a lot of money.

10. I've never played the Warwick you're talking about (only Rock bass series) but I have played the Ibanez. If you're even considering the Ibanez. I don't have to try to sell you on it; it's a very nice bass. Nice, super-wide neck, and killer B string! I'd love to get one.

Also, check out Spectors in the $1,000 to $1,500 price range. I remember a few Spectors that had such a beautiful tone, and a B string equal to or better than the Ibanez.

Here's your Ibanez: http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=BTB1005E

Good luck. Let us know what you buy.

Mike

11. ryuujin

ryuujin

Jun 1, 2003
    Delaware, OH
    Ibanez.

12. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Somebassguy, you rule. My next bass will be the Schecter Stilletto Studio 5. I've tried the Elite 5, and it was astounding. There's only a couple differences between the two; Studios have a mid control, a normal one - piece bridge, and it's made of bubinga and something else. The Elite and Studio are both neck through and active w/ EMGs.

13. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Well then, here is your bass :D :p http://www.schecterguitars.com/ds_home_fl.htm . I remember playing a few of these before. Dude, they were sooooooooooo lite, it was insane. It felt and played really really nice too man. Good choice ;).

14. SerBass

SerBass Guest

Nov 8, 2003
    I'm getting the Ibanez and I'm getting a new rig.
    And the new rig is...............

Mesa Walkabout head and Eden XLT 410 cab.

Thanks for all of the advice and positive responses guy. I'm sure I'll be needing more along the way.

Adam

15. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    That's gonna be a really nice rig man. I've played the Ibanez BTB405QM, and it's awsome quality, and that is the lower model.