help me pick out a cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Ampeg 810e

2. Aguilar GS412

3. Bergantino NV610

4. SWR Mega Goliath

5. GK Neo 412

6. Basson B810B

1. ok im going for a fat sond with lots of booty. i play 5 string/ drop c tuned (cgcf) basses. i use lots of effects such as a big muff pi pedal and a digitech bass synth wah. i want to get a tube head eventually, prolly a db728/ tube preamp. which cab would be best for me? i play experimental rock music (thrice, coheed and cambria, mars volta, etc.)
  2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

For MAJOR low-end like you want, the Aguilar GS412 WILL deliver!!! Nuff said...
  3. +1
  4. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    How important is portability to you?

Do you have roadies or at least bandmates that are really helpful (if they exist)?

how much volume do you need?

is filling in the low end more important to you or being heard in the mix?
  5. I'd go for the AMPEG 810,It's the standard.I have one paird up with a 2x15,makes yer eyeballs shake!
  6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Ampeg 8x10 is a GREAT cab but does not pack the lows of the Aggie 412. This guy is after major lows (see his first post).
  7. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Get the aggie it has skull crushing lows. It's also very efficient.
  8. TBalls

Mar 18, 2005
    I know it's not on the list, but I have to put in my vote for Accugroove. Those cabs kick some serious booty.
  9. The best stuff never is on the list.

10. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Jim Bergantino makes the most amazing cabs I've ever played through. I've got to put my vote with the NV610. If you don't get enough bowel moving bottom out of that monster, I don't know what else you can do!!!!
  11. Thankfully, neither is the worst stuff! :p
  12. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Another thats not on your list but pack serious booty is the...

Bergantino NV215 :bassist:
  13. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    2nd that.
  14. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    My first choice would be a Bergantino 610, 2nd would be an Aggie 412. They are both good sounding cabs, both have tons of lows, and they both sound completely different. The aggie is much more hi fi with sparkley highs, while the Bergie will get ya a mid boost and great tone overall.
  15. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    While I normally always recommend a berg NV610, , in this case, I think the Aggie 4x12 or a Berg HT322 would serve you better. You seen to want thundering lows, and that isn't the NV610's strong suit.