Help me pick out a pimp cane

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Nov 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yes, you read the title correctly. Let me explain. My friend and former guitarist is, after over ten years with the same woman, finally tying the knot this month. I'm a groomsman. Both of these individuals are far from pretentious and are having fun with the wedding (the invitations were done up like concert tickets). The wedding party is going to be entering the reception to different rock tunes. I'm walking in to Back in Black (the couple are walking in to Push It by Static-X). Somewhere along the line, it was decided that I would have a pimp cane or an...er, walking stick if you want to be politically correct.

I've been checking out the wares on Google. Obviously, I don't want to spend an uber amount of money, because I'm not planning on joining "the business" after the wedding, but I'm definitely into a sweet cane. Some I pose the question to you: What is the best pimp cane for metal (or blues-based hard rock if you want to be a genre nazi about it)?

2. Clearly the winner:

il_570xN.766180455_qxow.jpg

3. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Well, a pimp cane is something specific. There are some cool cobra head canes, sword canes, but those evoke something different. What kind of a budget do you have?

4. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    What do you beat hookers with now?

5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Socks filled with loose coins like everyone else

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I'm looking to spend around 30ish bucks.

7. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
  8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

9. Ironbar

Ironbar Inactive

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon

10. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I thought it was the yellow pages, like the cops.

Oh and BTW a nice wood dowel, and an old crystal door knob and some epoxy and paint can make a really pimp lookin pimp cane. Trim the door knob shaft to a few inches long then drill a hole in the end of your dowel and epoxy that puppy in place, then a little sanding and some black paint and some smallish gold accents painted on. Extra points if you can taper it, but even if you can't, paint it solid black and it will still be pimpin.

11. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

That covers it. Hey, it's double your budget, but clearly there's only one winner -
    85121co.jpg

12. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Hit some thrift shops.

LiquidMidnight likes this.
  13. fingerguy

fingerguy Inactive

Aug 2, 2016
    CT
    When I hurt my back I bought this awesome blue and black looking cane that is adjustable in a drug store. Before you try too hard, assuming you live in the US, check out a Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, and/or any drug store and places like Walmart or Walmart in general.

14. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    One of my favorite episodes :)

LiquidMidnight and MJ5150 like this.
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Same here. I was going to post a link to that episode, but @Ironbar beat me to it.

-Mike

SirMjac28 likes this.
  16. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    ^this^

Wifey has a thing for old and unusual walking sticks and canes and a lot of what she's got came from second hand stores and antique shops. No pimp canes though.

17. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    If you can't find anything else you like, let me know. I've made a few walking sticks on my lathe with maple that was too heavy for baseball bats - a little more classy than pimpy, but always an option.

18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

GoLeafsGo and PWRL like this.
  19. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    You can't have a pimp cane without a crunk cup.

20. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    House-with-his-cane-house-md-615577_450_459.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021