1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help me pick out my first (actualy mine) Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TrojanX, Oct 2, 2009.

1. TrojanX

TrojanX

Oct 2, 2009
    Okay, i've played guitar for 2 years but was left with something to be desired....bass. So i switched over a year ago and ive been rockin out ever since. I borrow my friends Acoustic combo amp and my friend's dad's Gallien-Krueger Goldline 500 head and his GLX410 4x10 cab (btw amazing amp...but like 800 bucks) for my bands gigs. I have about 500 bucks saved up and I need some help narrowing down the choices. I was looking at an acoustic cab and head set up for about 400 but I don't know. What do you guys think?

P.S. should I get a realy nice Combo or cab and head

2. TrojanX

TrojanX

Oct 2, 2009
    If you guys could help that would be awesome, cause im a total n00b when it comes to amps.

3. how many watts u talkin' and whats ye budget

4. TrojanX

TrojanX

Oct 2, 2009
    Thats my problem I don't realy know how many I need, I was hoping to be able to use this at my gigs and practices. So something powerful to cut through but small enough to transport without killing me. I have 500 dollars give or take a bit.

5. TrojanX

TrojanX

Oct 2, 2009
    Thanks Stumbo!