Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nitrous3a8, Dec 7, 2003.

1. nitrous3a8

Nov 26, 2003
    yo, i need a new bass, cause the one i got now sucks live
    i really dont want to spend more then $700, any ideas?

o ya, i play in to bands, one classic rock, and one metal

2. I'll ask the standard stuff...

What don't you like about your current bass, what are you trying to improve?

What kind of tones do you like?
  3. nitrous3a8

Nov 26, 2003
    the things i dont like are when u playing live and start to go up the e string, the sound get distored, i need something sounds good. I like the really deep low sounds, like a typical metal band would use
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You should look at a G&L Tribute L2000, a Lakland Skyline 44-01, and a used Peavey Cirrus. All killer basses, all in your price range.
  5. nitrous3a8

Nov 26, 2003
    i was looking at the ESP F104, looks awsome, any one know anything bout it? thanks
  6. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    Regarding quality of workmanship as a decisive factor in buying an instrument, I have to agree with Embellisher. IMO the ESP bass you mentioned is not of that kind, it's a rather cheap construction, and I can hardly imagine it to be a huge improvement on the previous one. :rolleyes:

7. What do you mean it starts to get distorted? Like fret buzz?
  8. nitrous3a8

Nov 26, 2003
    that is exaclty what i mean

once i get passed fret #11 and move up towards fret #1, there is a fret buzz
    i never heard if befour until i into playing live
  9. You might try a proper setup or neck adjustment before getting a new bass.

10. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
  11. Billdog

Feb 27, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    People have a tendency to play harder live. If this is the case you need your action raised a little and/or you need some thicker strings. Or play lighter and turn the volume up. Definitely read up on setup. If it's not just the buzz, but the tone, then by all means buy another bass. But try other things before dropping bucks.