1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help me plan my study

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bayonet, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Bayonet

Bayonet

May 10, 2011
    Hey guys!I must ask for help once again for TB :help:
    Until now i used to practice around 3hrs a day,with some exceptions(going out with friends,etc).Now i want to set up a good way to train so anyone care to give me some opinions?
    So far i'm planing 2 Hours and 30Mins(Going to have less time now,due to other activities).
    I'm tending to:
    15min Warm Up
    1Hour "Fun"(Playing Songs i know,fooling around,creating riffs)
    1Hour "Serious"(Learning new songs and theory,Building speed)

I felt the need to do this because i feel i'm not improving anymore practicing at random like i'm doing now :ninja:
    If anyone has any ideas or something that worked for them before please say something :)

Also,i tried to find a teacher but due to the time i have to practice(18h-21h) no one can teach me :(

2. I have the same problem...hit and miss self learning through online resources and books and not really knowing if its detrimental to my actual progress.

I know you said you don't have time but day to day we are all allocated the same amount ;)

So I'd still recommend arranging a teacher, even for one or two sessions to assess your skills against your goals and help you put together a rehearsal plan to reach those personal goals. Best situation would be to maintain the lessons so your plan evolves with your skills and knowledge, but if you can't so be it.

Hope that helps.

3. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Join a band if you are able or get some music minus one products.