1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me please!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Demitri, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Demitri

Demitri

Feb 8, 2019
    We have a Fender Rumble 350 bass amp that is not being used. We are wondering if we can run our singer through it, without a PA system. Simply a studio microphone straight into the "line out".

Might be redundant, but were new to music hardware and wanted to know before plugging anything in and risking possible damage? From what I've read, with a PA system its possible but just lower quality.

Anybody know if its safe and possible without a PA system to run the mic straight into a fender rumble 350 bass amp?

2. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    This post takes me back to the old days. Yes, for practice, you can do it. But not through the line out. You'll need a 1/4" end on a mic cable and go into the input.

JeroB666 likes this.
  3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    No, that's not how it works! The "line out" sends a signal from the amp to a PA system. It does not accept a signal from a microphone.

Now, you CAN get an XLR to 1/4" converter and run the mic into the front input of the amp, but it may not sound like what you want.

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Masks, people, masks!
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    Line out is not for bass, mics or any instruments.

Which microphone?