Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP ME PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Squnk, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Squnk

Squnk

Oct 20, 2002
    Hello Everyone! I am kinda new to play and have been learning for about a month now and I have been having a couple problems, and I am not sure if it is something I can fix with just ajusting the knobs on my amp or is it in the way I play. The first thing is my finders slide to much on the strings, I know it does happen but I seem to do it alot and it just gets me really anoyed after it happens so many times. The second thing is on my E string or the biggest string(if the E string isn't the right string name) every time I release my finger from the fret I get a buzz or like a clicking sound I know it has something to do with the string vibrating against the fret. I know these but be common problems for a begginer but is there some way I can stop it or reduce the noise of it? Thanks alot!:confused:

2. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    Welcome Squnk!

Which fingers slide?plucking or fretting?on what kind of strings,flats or rounds?

E string vibrating when you lift your fretting finger? I don't know,but that could be from lifting the finger too slowly,or perhaps you have small fingers?I'm really guessing here.Are you keeping your fretting finger close to the fret being played on(good) or closer to the fret/nut behind it(bad).

I'll tell you what the other folks here will say...
    Get a good teacher and start taking lessons.and they're right.

Have fun!

3. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    im guessing your fingers may be sliding on the strings due to rhe bass placement, ie rasie your strap.

About the ratling, try not to pick so hard.

As JimM said, get a teacher, he'll/she'll flatten out any problems and have ou on your way in no time :D

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Practice your scales up and down until they sing and sound musical, this should hopefully help your fingers from sliding all over the place since it will help you to develop some left hand independence and strengthin up your fingers to the point where you have precise control over them.