1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help me please!

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by HereLiesTheFire, May 18, 2011.

1. HereLiesTheFire

HereLiesTheFire

Mar 5, 2011
    Oregon
    I am in a bassist in a band full of seniors in high school. (this probably isn't the best place to post this :meh:) me and the rest of them (the band) are graduating soon. We want to play during our graduation ceremony, but we can't find a song that meets the criteria, please help suggest a song.

The Criteria-

*Appropriate (no swearing, racial terms, vulgar meanings ect.)

*Metal or Hard Rock genre (no country or jazz just Metal or Hard rock)

*THE HARDEST PART TO MEET: Inspirational (has to leave the audience with a "Good" message to remember us by)

any help would be appreciated.

2. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    "School's Out" by Alice Cooper

3. HereLiesTheFire

HereLiesTheFire

Mar 5, 2011
    Oregon
    an okay idea but "No more teacher's dirty looks".... i know the principal of ours wont approve that

4. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Change a couple words.. Make it "no more teacher's pretty looks".. That'll make Mrs. Krump smile

5. HereLiesTheFire

HereLiesTheFire

Mar 5, 2011
    Oregon
    well we dont have a singer so a recording of the original track's vocals will be played through the speakers in lue of a vocalist

6. oh yes

7. huh, move on people nothing to see here

8. HereLiesTheFire

HereLiesTheFire

Mar 5, 2011
    Oregon
    :(

9. I'll assure you theres a really good singer in your school. Go to your music department or just spread the word that a singer is needed. Then sit down and wood shed ideas about the pluses that school offered to all of you, put it together with a beat your drum knows very well. Find the correct key for your vocalist and see if you can write some chords out that are interesting as opposed to a base crap progression. Possiblly adding a minor chord???? If you have plans to be a musician on any level your gonna need to be able to wood shed ideas even a cover band needs to show artistry. Try it!!! Doc.

10. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Eh? Good luck with that!

Anyway, Van Halen - Hot for Teacher.

11. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Smokin' In The Boys' Room - Brownsville Station

Takin' %^&#$* to the Zoo - Dead Milkmen

Riis

12. Hi.

^This.

If the teachers mind, they must be really, really uptight.

I won't even comment the "no singer" part :confused:.

^Or this.

Thanks for the reminder as well, I'm still waiting my last bands guitarists brother to hand me over the 1'5 l of DrPrpper he lost on a bet. He really thought it was a Mötley Crüe tune, enough to make a bet :D.

Regards
    Sam

13. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    Whaaaaat??? So this "performance" is basically jamming to a CD at your graduation ceremony?
    Why not just go all the way and "Ashlee Simpson/Milli Vanilli" the the instruments too? :D

14. HereLiesTheFire

HereLiesTheFire

Mar 5, 2011
    Oregon
    thanks everybody, we went with Wish You Were Here by Incubus. Schools Out by Alice Cooper, believe it or not, was not approved even with substitute lyric changes i made within the song. (yeah our principals ARE that snooty)

Really wish our first song was approved. but oh well

15. How did you plan on changing the lyrics if you do not have a singer and were just going to play along with the cd?