Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me plZ!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HollowSoul, Feb 8, 2004.

1. HollowSoul

HollowSoul

Feb 5, 2004
    Sweden!
    i have playn bass now for 2 year so i am not a pro. thets i ask thes for you. i whant a heavy bass thets isent so expensiv. i was thinking ibanez gsr 100 is thet a god bass?? our do you have eny outer basses thet dont kost thet mutsh. Plz help me!!! :bassist: METAL!!!

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    <Moved from 'Ask The Pros'>

Hi,

I've moved your post to a section where you're more likely to get an answer that's relavent - the ask the pros forums have a specific focus, and there are other places (like this) for asking more general questions about what bass to use...

cheers

STeve
    www.stevelawson.net

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It isnt a good bass.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Not a great bass. save up some more money and get a squier standard series, or a mexican fender. Look for used also. The better bass you get now, the more likely you are to like playing it.

5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Ibanez's GSR line are not particularly capable. They're decent enough as beginner basses, but you'll probably want something a little higher-end. A Czech Spector can be had for cheap, and will have very good low end for playing metal.

6. HollowSoul

HollowSoul

Feb 5, 2004
    Sweden!
    thx for the help... I still dont know what to do .. i rely need a heavy bass för not thets mucth mony but i think thet thets inposeble. i think i going to get som mony and buy a better ony i dont know ... thz eny way!

7. What do you mean by heavey?