Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me price my thumb bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 6-stringer, Jan 7, 2002.

1. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Thinking of selling my '98 bolt-on thumb bass. It's a 6, with wide neck option, and symore basslines. It's got the standard ovencal body-wenge neck-black hardware configuration. It's in beutiful shape, just one small ding on the back of the headstock. I'm thinking I could probably get 1200-1300 out of it?
    Too much, too little? what do you think?

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll give you $500 for it.

3. Bassmouse3

Bassmouse3

Nov 12, 2001
    Valby, Denmark
    My dream bass! Keep me informed!
    Best Regards, Bassmouse3

4. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    $500? your kidding right? I would think about 1k. Besides, I'm not ready to sell just yet. Just curious as to what i'll be able to get for it.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Did you see the wink smiley at the start of my post?

6. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    501 and you got a deal man!;) yup just kidding

7. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I'll say $502, Bob :D

8. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    if u tried to trade it in u'd probably only get $800. try to sell it to a private owner and u'll get what u want, maybe....

9. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    I had, at first, already sent a guy the money for a Warwick 6 Thumb Bolt On for $1050. But he opted not to sell it and sent me my money back. Then I found a guy selling one for $900. So I'd say you're in the ball park as far as asking price. Any more than that and you'd be askin' for a haggle. If you don't mind e-bay, I'd say try that first. Afterall, e-bay is a seller's paradise and caveat emptor!! Maybe start the bids off at $500 to $650, and set a reserve price for $1000. I've seen some neck throughs go for pretty good prices. The BO's are kind of rare. I'd be interested to know what you sind up selling it for as a reference wehn I try to sell mine.

10. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    I might be very interested this....(unless I get another cheaper bass sooner).

11. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Sounds reasonable... Especially since it has the wide-neck option (a $300 plus upgrade). Keep us posted on how much you eventually get for it.

12. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    I probably won't be selling it untill the spring. Gotta save up the scratch for the souped up quantum bass i've been lusting over. I'll post it on the for sale boards when i'm ready. I got the bass brand new for $1200,which was a killer deal IMO. I'll probably sell it for around the same thing.

13. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    well..not sure if it helps much, but maybe this will give you a ballpark....

anyways - i sold my nowhere-near-mint 98 thumb neck thru 5 for 1300 last month. so i'd say probably ask 1k or 1100 and see what happens. just make a note of "or best offer."

jason