1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me setup my Spector

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bently_Bass, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Bently_Bass

Bently_Bass

Jul 4, 2012
    Hello all. I just recently purchased a spector 5 string which I love. I played it in my band with a standard tuning just down a half step. But now Im dabbling into some Between the Buried and Me. I play their stuff on my prs standard 22 and didnt really have to bother much with a setup since it is a stoptail. But Im wanting to tune my bass to c# standard but I know I will have to do a setup. I dont really know where to start. Can you guys give me some tips? Or tell me what to do? Id like to learn how to do it instead of just taking it somewhere. I understand about adjusting the truss rod and the bridge, but I dont know what specs to go by. The numbers for string space above the fret, how much to turn the truss rod, and so on. I got the bass book written by Dan Briggs the bass player for BTBAM. And Ive been dying to play this stuff but he says on the first page of the introduction to setup your bass for c# and dont warp your necks! :eek:

So any help would be appreciated! I cant wait to play these songs!
    And BTW if you have never heard Dan Briggs check out his work. He is an amazing bass player!

Heres a bass solo song called viridian:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=vfmEwAHIdJs

And here is the bass I got! :D
    79932_l.

Thanks guys!
    -Bently