1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me setup to build my effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by drexo, Feb 11, 2016.

1. drexo

drexo

May 4, 2015
    Hello there,

I'm building my first effects on my pedal board,does anybody here expert on setting up effects? I just want to know if doing right and I'll appreciate your time to reply on this thread.

So my arrangement right now from bass guitar to CRY BABY WAH(105Q) - BOSS COMPRESSION SUSTAINER(CS-3) - MXR ENVELOPE FILTER (M82) - MXR MICRO AMP - ZOOM B3 and then going to amp but I'll add NOISE GATE in the future since I heard a hiss sound right now

So the ZOOM B3 I usually use for TUNER, OVERDRIVE, SANS AMP,CHORUS,PHASER, OCTAVE,

Please check attached photo.

Thank's in advance.

Attached Files:

• efx.
      efx.jpg
      File size:
      663.8 KB
      Views:
  2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    The hiss sound is it noticeable??? It could be power issue. Try getting isolated power supply like voodoo lab.

For setup.
    Wah-> envelope filter -> cs-3 -> b3 -> micro amp.

I like my boost pedal to be located at the end of the chain so that I can make any effect combination louder.

Envelope filter is always best to be put before compressor. At least for my playing.

Wah at the start of the chain so that you can filter any outgoing tone before any of your pedals...

drexo likes this.
  3. Teijo K.

Teijo K. Commercial User

Sep 8, 2014
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Endorsing Artist: CCP
    B3 is very demanding on its power source. I does not like to share common ground with other pedals, not even with other Zoom pedals. I gather its common feature with digital effects. Instead of a noise gate, I would definitely get isolated power. The B3 noise gate is, btw, one of its best working effects. But noise gate is a fix to a problem that usually can be cured all together if you treat it where it starts, at the power source.

drexo likes this.
  4. drexo

drexo

May 4, 2015
    Thank you guys to all your inputs, I'll try all your advice.