Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help me shop?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by retitled, Mar 4, 2004.

1. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    ok my bass sucks its a million years old and since it was a public school bass its been passed around like the villiage bycicle. my question, im looking for a new bass, preferably around $200 maybe $250. a bass good enough to play in a death metal band (im in one of them hehe) not really looking for anything in particuler just want it to sound good, plus it has to look cool :) oh ofcoarse i want a 4 string with frets

thanks in advance

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im not just trying to spam my sale thread, but i have a bass for sale that would fit you nicely. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118257 Itd a Hohner headless.. 4 stirng fretted.. really low action, nice aggresive tone when played by bridge. I would sell it for around $225 comes with gig bag and extra strings.. check it out. IMO not much looks cooler in a metal band then a headless bass :p I bought it for more than twice what im selling it for. Its better than other basses that cost this little.

3. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    nce bass uv got there, id buy it but currently i have no cash, i have work like 1 week every 2 months or so, so im asking this question for future refernce, if u can wait a couple months id be glad to get it from u :) untill then let me get some more input

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Just keep in touch with me somehow and ill keep ya posted (ha, get it?) on wat the status with it is. Ive gottena few offers but they fell through, so it very well may be still around when you come up with the cash.

5. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Given your price constraints, you might want to consider a used and/or modified bass. This would allow you to purchase a bass that, in all liklihood, will be better constructed and be made of higher quality materials than the one you're playing now. What looks good is always subjective and very personal, but a good P-bass might be a good way to go...an all-around solid rock/metal bass. The best thing to do is to get to your local music store (or two or three) and just start playing instruments. Take a notepad and pen with you and write down the brand and model names of the basses you try and what you liked/disliked abou them. Good luck with your search and have fun with it! :D