help me someone who is skilled!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by mackdaddy69, Jun 4, 2001.

1. mackdaddy69

Jun 4, 2001
    hi ive beein playin double bass for 6 yearz, and electric bass for a couple of months, and i still think i stink major beans. can somone teach me how to read the tabs that go like (9-7) and what it means and how to play it?? sublime uses it alot, so if u wanna see what i mean look up santeria... also, can someone tell me how to effectivley use my pick, the stupid things always hit too many strings at once! If only my fingers didnt burn after playin punk.... please help me!

This was written by a 14 year old moron, send 5$ immediately to my foundation so i may buy myself an xtra string and soem groupies.
  2. Hey thanks for stopping by. Your started DB when you were 8, rock on. I need a new hero are you taking on any new people for worship?

3. mackdaddy69

Jun 4, 2001
    hehe worshipers are welcomed, but be warned/... i still need that help b4 i get bigheaded,,,, thanks for the praise tho.!! hehe
  4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
  5. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You frighten me Gruff! :)
  6. Don't ya mean monthz? ;)
  7. MuNkEy

Jul 4, 2000
    utica, ny
    yea man drop the pick...and you want your fingers to burn when you are playing...that means you'll start to build callases...or however you spell that
  8. Why drop the pick? Im sick of people playing pick style being discriminated against, if u dont wanna play with it fine, but almost all punk players do if thats what he wants to play, a pick will be more beneficial, stop "hating"!
  9. MuNkEy

Jul 4, 2000
    utica, ny
    oh i'm not hating...just why waste money buying picks when you can teach yourself to make the same sound with your the end its more beneficial.
  10. in the end its not the same sound thats the whole point, and also in the end its beneficial to know how to play BOTH styles, picks are good and better than fingers for CERTAIN styles of music, just like fingers are better than picks in other areas, its a technique.
  11. H'es playin sublime, eric wilson plays with his fingers. The best bass players play with their fingers. Learn to use a pick too but if you started playing double bass stick to your fingers. Even better would be to develop your own technique. As far as the timing listen to the song and play along with it, that was one of the first songs i learned and its one of my favs, the timing is tricky though.
  12. Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp