Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help Me (Tim Commerford Related)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I've talked to people on Guitar Geek too, and we're discussing this. How do you think this rig looks? What do you guys think the "?" pedals are? Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]

2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I'd have to bust out his first BP mag (or the ones where he's on the cover), and it's a much better explanation IMO than the one in the "current" one (from like a month or two ago).

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Oh no! Some pedals are digital AND not TRUE bypass! :bawl:

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Definately people obsessed about nothing. IIRC, at least one or two are dummy boxes.

5. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Yeah, Tim has been quoted saying he's got boxes that do nothing and cables that lead to nowhere. And his amp set up is way different from the RATM days. Try 6 SVT-2 Pros and a coupla 8x10s.

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Guys, I don't really care about how much you think Timmy C. is an idiot or how stupid I am for caring about how good I think he is. If you have nothing useful to contribute, please don't.

And tplyons, that "???" is probably a dummy box. Thanks for the tip. :smug:

7. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Its a great start but the 2 Dunlop 105Q's are not in series but parallel. I dont think he runs one in his clean rig because ive read that remains effect free, so it must be one each for each of his distorted rigs.

And in the picture of his rig found in Bass Player magiazine he uses 6 Ampeg SVT-II heads, so im guessing two for each cabinet.

Hope this helps!

8. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Good point. I didn't even think of the 105Q part until I read it. I looked at it like "That seems to be correct". The wah's are positioned next to eachother, but one is in his mild gritty signal, and the other in his full on distortion.

9. Yep the wah's are in parallel using a piece of wood on top to make them wah together.

10. Craggsy

Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    One more thing, ive read he takes up 6 spaces on a mixing desk so im guessing 3 of them are DI'd from each of the Amps and maybe 3 mics to each rig?

11. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Do you have a picture of the mystery pedal? From the shape in your diagram it looks like a Guyatone/Godlyke pedal?

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Alright. I agree with you (a bit.) Friends? :)

Craggsy: Yeah, I didn't take that into account.

C-5KO: Hold on, i'll dig up the picture.

PICS!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v172/Petary791/Music/?action=view&current=timmy_c02.jpg
    http://www.student.kun.nl/r.kerkhof/Audioslave-Out_Of_Exile-Interior_Trasera.jpg

13. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From looking at the pictures you've posted, and it's hard to tell because of the messy cables :scowl: , it would be the pedal under the Octave (audioslave)? or beside the Amp selector switch (RATM).

It's probably not a Guyatone pedal. I was going by your diagram. It looks like a MXR pedal, or could be his "dummy" pedal. <Step for sToOpId tone ;) >

One pedal you did miss: It looks like there's a Sadowsky Bass DI pedal on the bottom left corner of the Audioslave pic.

Somebody should see if Timmy C's heard of George L's. :smug:

14. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Haha @ George L's. :D

And nope, it's not a Guyatone. I originally thought it was a riser, but there's a cord going into it. It's probably a dummy.

Yeah I did miss the Sadowsky. I'll try and make one or something.

A question for all. Look at the bottom right of Timmy C's board (top left of the page) and look at the little pedal that you can barely see. Doesn't that look like an Ibanez pedal?

15. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    nope, i would say thats a definately a boss pedal on the bottom right of his board.

16. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  17. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
  18. Guilty as charged :) I'm the moderator over there, that is my sticky.

19. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  20. I'm Inslaved, I made that sticky. Just to clarify - you made that guitar geek flow, yes? If so I'll be sure to credit you when I update the main sticky.