help me to choose my next GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jun 13, 2004.

Which bass?

Poll closed Jun 20, 2004.
  1. Ibanez ATK

9 vote(s)
  2. Ernie Ball/MusicMan Stingray

40 vote(s)
  3. MIM Jazz

2 vote(s)
  1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm running through my head what bass I'd like to purchase next, and its sort of hard to decide which to get. I've been wanting a new Stingray for awhile, but I've also been eyeing an Ibanez ATK and MIM Jazz. Money is about to be tight for the summer, as I need to save some for a savings account, and I have a few road trips coming up. The Jazz and ATK I'm looking at are $250 a piece, and of course a new Ray is gonna be around $1100.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would suggest a MIJ jazz. Maybe will run you a LITTLE more than the MIM, but they are nicer.
  3. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Sound wise the ATK will sound more like a stingray. Have you played all three models of basses. Although I will admit I like eb stingrays a little better then ATKs, I like ATKs better then eb sterlings. As for the Jazz, I'd have to play the thing to be sure, I haven't as yet played a MIM fender that I have liked.
  4. go with the ATK, that is a fair price and I have not seen to many white ones out there.
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I prefer my Japanese ATK to my friends Sterling.. :meh:
  6. Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    Geddy Lee Jazz. Fender with Japanese goodness. :)

7. Virus

Apr 16, 2004
    MIM Jazz. Because of low funds.
  8. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Just so you know, I plan on getting around to all of these basses, eventually, but I'd just like to know which yall think I should snatch next.
  9. Just got a ATK ...and its a killer...!!!!...hit the MM sound perfectly and is well made and nicely balanced..for the price u cannot go wrong at all..on of the best kept secrets in the bass world...tone wise..think Mark White SpinDoctors...:p.. yay.!!!
  10. id say atk, owning one, but id also say stingray, just because its a stingray and its good.....thats the bottom line folks
  11. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I vote against the Musicman. I really wanted to like them, but I couldn't. Didn't like the neck, didn't like the sound...

might consider an OLP MM, but those don't cost enough to be picky about it...