1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me trek from Poughkeepsie to Boston!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., Feb 25, 2008.

1. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    I'm planning on visiting a friend in Boston some weekend soon, but a couple of problems. I don't have a car, and I don't have much cash. I looked up Greyhound and AmTrak, but the prices were out of my reach.

Any ideas? I'm not hitchhiking either.

2. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

SOL

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Ass, gas or grass - nobody rides for free.

4. Vince S.

Jan 24, 2003
    Well...okay...

::unzips::

:help::bag:

5. Fung Wah sounds like the ticket you're looking for. It'll run you about $15.00 for a one-way from NYC to Boston. I used to take that bus when I went to Berklee.

6. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Dude...I remember the fung wah! Good times, used to take it myself.

7. Dude, you're in Poughkeepsie. I used to play out that way on rotation about 6 years ago at a BIZARRE club called the Mad Hatter. It was like freakin' Coyote Ugly. It was freaky!

... I loved it! :D

8. Vince S.

Jan 24, 2003
    Awesome! Hatter's is still here, went a few times last semester.

9. The back used to be completely walled up, but no roof/ceiling. We played out there in the summer. It was a freaking BLAST. Last time we played there, they were getting into a big remodeling thing. Don't know what they did.

SO much decadent stuff happened there. Oh my god. I'm going to hell solely 'cause of that club!!!! :D

10. Vince S.

Jan 24, 2003
    There's an outdoor patio area now, just a big open space when you walk through the hallway with the bathrooms. Dance room on the left from when you enter, and bar area on the right.

11. Yeah, same as then. Pass the bathroom hallway, and walk down steps into the enclosed patio.

We used to tap in down in the basement (basement door to the right of those steps) and run power to the stage area on that patio. It was a LONG span for a tap-in. I'm surprised no one ever got fried from that! Hahaha

12. Yep, that's the cheapest possible way on public transport, together with metro north down to the city.

Don't know if you go to school here or anything, but a lot of colleges have ride boards that are worth checking out.