Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help me with a new erb

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DubBeats CB, Jul 21, 2005.

1. i'm lookingfor a new six string bass, but i can't seem to get anyone that really sticks out and say "this is the one"

Can anyone give me some help?

Requirements:

35 inche scale
    2 pickups
    enough string spacing to slap
    good growl
    active

Price: $1000 usd or something pretty close

These are pretty vague but i just need some help and some ideas

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    You don't have all that many choices, given the limitations of your wish list .......

Spector Legends have a 35" scale, but IIRC are somewhat narrow string spacing so slapping might be an issue. They are right at your $ limit, if not over it. There are a lot of Spector players on this forum, maybe they can help.

Ibanez BTB's also have a 35" scale, spacing is a little wider (I think), but they're also a little pricey.

Brice Prestige basses have 35" scale, wide spacing, are on the lower end of the price range .... look up Rondo music for details.

The Dean Edge and Yamaha TRB's are only a 34" IIRC, but I could be wrong. Again, maybe someone else can help you out. I think the Peavey Cirrus is also a 34" scale. Do a search for six string basses on the TB search tab, you'll get more info :cool:

3. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I'd look for a new or used Peavey Cirrus. They are 35" scale and if you do a search for discussions on them, you'll find that they are one of the best basses around regardless of cost. They are built, sound, and feel better than basses costing three times as much.
    I've owned several of them and short of spending some serious money on a custom instrument, they're almost impossible to beat.
    Just my opinion.