Help me with band name ideas

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Nephilymbass, Jul 7, 2019.

1. so I’m in a new band. We’ve written and recorded a couple rough instrumental demos of a couple songs and have a recently acquired a singer and are slowly but surely working towards getting this band gigging and recording the first album. We’re into angels and somewhat religious stuff. 3 out of 5 members(myself, drummer, and rhythm guitarist) were in my previous band Nephilym which has Christian roots. We also happen to all be into video games and would like something gamers would get a kick out of. So I’m looking for ideas so when the time comes to decide, which I suspect will be in the next month or so because we’re getting to the point where it won’t be too long before we have enough material to start really promoting the band.

2. Scottgun

Scottgun

Jan 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Deus Vult

Kriegs and Nephilymbass like this.
  3. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Just checking, you did know about this band, right?

They were kind of a big deal in the UK in the 80's.

chaak likes this.
  4. Yep, I’ve heard of them. I was in the band Nephilym for almost 20 years. Never had a single issue with using the name other than a another local band from about two hours away in the same state using the same name different spelling that got in a fight at a club which we found out about when we tried to book a gig at that club lol. Luckily they were one of the many bands that didn’t stay together very long. Fields of the Nephilym never once contacted us about the name.

5. bearfoot

bearfoot Inactive

Jan 27, 2005
    Chittenango, NY
    Lighthouse Pixels

Arcade Carpenter

Silicon Witness

6. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Sonic Paladins

7. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    16 Bit Jesus

Winslow and chaak like this.
  8. AceOfBassFace

AceOfBassFace

Jun 23, 2019
    Toronto
    Bright Souls

Kro likes this.
  9. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    • Pixelated Prophet – Yeah, there is a Grateful Dead tune called "Estimated Prophet" (1977), but you're certainly not a Dead cover band.
    • Arclight – Sort of a blend of archangel and the light of heaven, or the blinding light produced by a strong electrical arc. This term has been used before in different contexts – some positive, some negative – but to the best of my recollection, not as a band name.
    • Quinque – "Five" in Latin. After all, you're a quintet. And a recent study by the Entertainment Software Association claims that gamers are 5% more likely to play a musical instrument (32%) than the average American (27%). Of course, the pentagram has lots of religious connotations. If there are reservations about a possible mispronunciation as "Kinky," combine Quin with Arcade to get "Quincade."

10. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Who Took the Monkey

chaak likes this.
  11. Keger Jupit

Keger Jupit Inactive

May 10, 2018
    The Great PNW!!
    Since I've never been able to convince any band I've been in to use it...Wanderlust. I've wanted to use it since the early 90's, & also suffer from (enjoy, actually) a MAJOR case of it at all times. Thank God for motorcycles...

12. Super Mario Bros. :bag:

13. Atori...

14. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody really notices
    What kind of music?

PS
    I'm a one liner freaking mad man! Give me a genre, I'm on it

15. JeezyMcNuggles

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    Better yet, give me a song.

16. I’d call it metalcore personally

17. JeezyMcNuggles

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    Split Personalisea

Exidus

Blood of Lamb

White as Snow

Tribulation

Fire Refined

18. Wood and Wire

Wood and Wire

Jul 15, 2017
    Fuh*Q*bert

Luigi Board

Atari Middleage Riot

Nephilymbass likes this.
  19. Update Horadrim _______ is being kicked around. One of our guitarist suggested “Horadrim Theory”. Horadrim is a Diablo reference so it a bit of a nod to gamers which are part of our target audience. In the Diablo game it’s a brotherhood of mages formed by archangel Tyrael to combat the three prime
    Evils. We quickly agreed that Horadrim starting with an H followed by “theory” immediately made us think of “hybrid theory” the debut album by linkin Park. So “Theory” is not gonna work but perhaps something similar.

20. Grace Invaders

El Thumpo, TWolf, garp and 2 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021