Help me with my 92 Explorer!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hateater, Aug 9, 2003.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I have a 1992 Explorer XLT, and I can't find the nozzle to hook up the air conditioning thingy to! As you may be able to tell, I know jack about cars- so please help me!
  2. Call your local ford dealer and tell em whats up. Thats how I got my blinker on my 97 Mustang fixed. They'll do it for you. Or you can just order the part through them and do it yourself for cheap.
  3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Do you know if it takes R12 or has it been retrofitted to take R134a? The two refrigerants are not interchangeable, and the charge fittings are different from R12 to R134a. The charge fitting is on the low pressure side, which is the thicker line that leaves the compressor. If you follow the line back from the compressor to the accumulator you should find it. The high side (the thinner line at the compressor) also has a fitting that you should leave alone.

Hopefully if you have one of those DIY kits from an autoparts store it has an idiot proof charging hose, meaning it can only fit on the low side fittings. If you accidentally charged the high side you could have the little can of refrigerant blow up in your hand, which would suck.
  4. for a minute i thought you were talking internet:oops: