1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me with My bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by simply6foot2, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Hey,

I got a quick question about my guitar... It was a really awesome gift from a group of friends I used to jam with a few years ago. I know it was bought used at GuitarCenter and I also know that there are different versions of this bass. I have personally played a four string version and I have seen a six. I cant seem to get a good estimate on it though.

Its a Custom Made SDGR5, Mahogany body, and 5 piece Wanga and Babinga neck. The pick ups are ADX and it has a veri-mid (stacked type knobs) eq - obviously active. Bolt on neck with CUSTOME MADE in the fret bord.

I guess I would just like to know the exact name of this bass... What its value is and how rare these are. I love the sound this insturment has - I play it regularly. Its awesome especially for a gift

Im going ot take a few pics and post - Any help is appreciated! ROCK ON :bassist:

Attached Files:

2. more pics

Attached Files:

3. more pics knobs.

sn.

4. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    its an ibanez SR model
    not sure wich series but i am sure someone will know

5. note the custom made in abalone, this is what I cant seem to find any info on. I know its in the SR5 family

Its VERY similar to the K5 (korn signature series) the only real difference is the finish. Mine is natural and the K5 is a wax/oil finish. Also the K5 body is padauk/mahogany, Mine is solid mahogany with a Wenge/babinga 5 piece neck (I dont know if they use babinga wood any longer or not - k5 uses walnut)...

Both basses have the vari-mid, and Die-cast 5 EB-7 bridge (mines not gold), Also the ADX5N and ADX5B pickups are the same.

The K5 runs about $900.00 bucks. I could probably snag one for around $600.00. I would really like to know what the resale value of mine is...

Attached Files:

• K5.
      K5.jpg
      File size:
      9.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Alright I did alittle more research on the serial num. This is what I came up with

CE F9703308 Japan

F=Fujigen..Japan
    97=1997
    03=March
    308=the 308th guitar made in March
    CE= I couldnt find anything on this but My guess is that it stands for Custom Edition??

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Have you tried contacting Ibanez?

8. beta_442

beta_442

Apr 7, 2008
    Hillsboro, OR
    The CE marking (also known as CE mark) is a mandatory conformity mark on many products placed in the European Economic Area (EEA). The CE marking certifies that a product has met EU health, safety, and environmental requirements, which ensure consumer safety. It is very much like a UL listing mark in the US market. However the CE is mandatory in European markets where the UL mark is not mandatory in the US.

Sorry, just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents...I would just contact Ibanez for the specifics. It's a very nice bass though.

9. HMMM,

Thanks for that info! Thats very interesting...
    Lol I thought it was for Custom Edition..HAHAHA :rolleyes:

10. bump

11. bump up ^

12. any one know the value on this baby??

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Japanese Ibanez of unknown vintage and model... $400? Have you asked Ibanez about it at all yet?

14. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    it's the original Korn bass. a 1305 I believe.

go to http://www.ibanezregister.com/ under the old listing.

EDIT : warning, Google Chrome flagged the site as malicious.

15. Willy2911

Willy2911

Sep 11, 2008
    OC California
    By its looks alone I would say about $200.00 or less but you would have to get it apraised
    K5s are great basses and I hope you can get more out of it if you sell it. I would keep it if I were you.
    I have one a bit like it - Cheers

16. Those basses are worth a lot more than $200.

Those model SR's tend to go between $400 and $600, depending. Very nicely built and playing basses.

17. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    It seems like a really nice bass. Definitely worth more than $200, I'd take a look twice at it for $400. Nice woods, Ibanez is a good brand, it looks to be in good shape, it's a five string - I'd say $400-$500, but I'm not that familiar with the market.

KO

18. The Standard SR505 from that era would sell for $400-$600.

19. YEAH... $200 ROFL!

I khave had several Ibanez basses, this is by far the best one I have owned! I started out with a 4 string sr composite, which I bought for $250.00 used @ at the time good price...

I know that I havent seen another one like it! And knowing that the closest thing to this bass is selling used for $600-$900 bucks - thats almost offinsive
    Im not trying to sell the bass, just see what it would be valued @

I have not contacted Ibanez because I wouldnt know where to start... Any help there would be appreciated!

20. bump^