Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me with my resume!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Name: Michael T. Money
    DOB: 12/12/87
    Education: Currently a junior at Liberty High School

Musical Experience

I have been playing bass for five years, guitar for about 3 years, and have been drumming for a little over a year.

I currently play Bass Guitar in the LHS concert band. I also am in the pit during marching, and have participated in the jazz band and winter percussion ensemble.

During marching band and drumline seasons, I am in control of the sound system. I had to make sure that everything was connected properly, and was in working order. We use at least 2 mics on every marimba, vibraphone, and xylophone. Aside from all the mallet instruments, we had a couple synths and my bass to mix in as well, which complicated it a bit.. We had up to 16 mics running to the mixer, so it wasn’t just messing with the sliders to get a good mix. EQ was an issue I had to deal with to get all the different voices of the instruments to come out in the mix.

I’ve been in a few bands locally, nothing special to speak of… Never had any real shows, just jammed out in the garage, and a birthday party or two. I play at church from time to time, and those usually turn into a post-service jam session.

Music Education

I took lessons from Caleb Moore for six months or so before quitting due to scheduling conflicts with marching band.

Over the years in band, I’ve attended jazz clinics held at CSU Fullerton, some local jazz clinics given by CSUB, and most recently a concert band clinic given by the Dallas Brass

Experience

I have no retail experience to speak of. I spend a lot of time every day on various bass websites researching different basses, amps, strings, and accessories. From reading new things about the bass guitar world everyday, I know what my fellow bassists want, and I know I can convince them to buy what they want from Stockdale Music.

--------

The job is almost a given... It is owned by my cousins, but I have to get passed one of their semi-manager dudes... so any help would be hot, thanks.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What is this a resume for, such that all you are writing about it music stuff?

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Use a template, like one from MS Word, name and contact info at the top, get rid of the DOB. Next is the objective: something quick and catchy here. Next, list experience. Pretty much put what you already have for this, except make it shorter and to the point. Next is education, list your lessons from teachers and from school. If you wish, you can list "interests" on no more than one line. Finally, if you have any, put down some references. The whole thing shouldn't be more than a page.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    nevermind... mommy fixed it.

5. Remember, when you sell your body, you are really selling yourself.