Help me with my Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rainus, Mar 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. G'day, I have a 2001 Spector euro 5, pretty sure it's that as it has solid wings, Aguilar pre-amp and an NB serial number. It's dark purple but the back in some light is blue and there is a spot on the back of the headstock that had a sticker that is quite blue, so I'm assuming it was blue and faded to a purple like colour. Aside from this being a really great bass, what is something like this worth? Wondering for trade value as some people have approached me. I'm in Australia also. Any help is appreciated.

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

May 24, 2006
    home
    Go over to Reverb.com and do a search for your model. That should give you a good idea of what the current asking prices are based on condition.

3. Australia is an unusual market in several respects and there’s not much in reverb.

Modern euro 5LXs with super fancy tops are struggling to move at AUD2200 at the moment, plain euro 5LXs aren’t moving at 1800 rebop 5s are around $1300

If yours is the older model euro 5 and with a fairly plain top, start up there but expect to end up lower.