Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help me with my status!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by merce, Jun 10, 2005.

1. merce

merce

Jun 10, 2005
    Lancaster, UK
    Ive recently managed to get hold of what ive been told is a one of a kind status.... matrix???

Apparrently its a prototype of some kind? I think someone mentioned something about a PJG configuration, but I have no idea what that means. Ive got photographs and it has a seriel number although it is totally unmarked, apart from status is written on the pickups.

The story I bought with the bass was that it was origionally custom built for someone who needed it for recording. Its in perfect condition and everyone I have spoken too that knows anything about basses insists it is special.

Has anyone heard of anything like this by status? Can anyone help me out here. I have several pictures if you want but its pretty easy to describe. Its totally black with a straight through neck lol.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Go here Status-graphite.com and contact Rob Green and tell him what you have. He is the Status builder and he will be able to tell you better than anyone if you have a real Status

3. merce

merce

Jun 10, 2005
    Lancaster, UK
    thanks for the link, im doing that now...

Ive uploaded these if anyone wants a look?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]