1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

help me with my status!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by merce, Jun 10, 2005.

1. merce

merce

Jun 10, 2005
    Lancaster, UK
    Ive recently managed to get hold of what ive been told is a one of a kind status.... matrix???

Apparrently its a prototype of some kind? I think someone mentioned something about a PJG configuration, but I have no idea what that means. Ive got photographs and it has a seriel number although it is totally unmarked, apart from status is written on the pickups.

The story I bought with the bass was that it was origionally custom built for someone who needed it for recording. Its in perfect condition and everyone I have spoken too that knows anything about basses insists it is special.

Has anyone heard of anything like this by status? Can anyone help me out here. I have several pictures if you want but its pretty easy to describe. Its totally black with a straight through neck lol.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Go here Status-graphite.com and contact Rob Green and tell him what you have. He is the Status builder and he will be able to tell you better than anyone if you have a real Status

3. merce

merce

Jun 10, 2005
    Lancaster, UK
    thanks for the link, im doing that now...

Ive uploaded these if anyone wants a look?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]