Help me with singing and bassing!!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by eye_play_bass, May 11, 2002.

1. Hi

I would liket o ask anyone out there that plays bass and sings.......cuz i need help

I can't play bass while i sing or sing while i play bass, someone give me some tips, i always get messed up........well not always............on some songs i'ved learned i made some different beats so i can sing along.......but everything else is horrible.........i always mess up.......

please if you play bass and are the main/back vocals for your band.........can you please give me some tips or helps on perfecting this multi talented skill.............:D
  2. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
  3. thanks, it helped alot, i found wut i was looking for......:D :D :D
  4. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i too have trouble with this. i found it's easier if you write your own bass part, and make it go along with the rythm of the words. this is all i could find to help me, it makes it a lot easier. i'm pathetic when it comes to this, i can't even play blink 182 songs and sing them at the same time, but when i write my own parts that fallow the words more, it gets easier.
  5. I have trouble with this, too. I find repetition helps so I practice my parts to death. Yeah, I feel kinda weird belting it out by myself in my basement but I've got to do it to get better. When I'm at my best I'm very relaxed and am not thinking very much about either playing or singing. In order to do that I have to know both parts in my sleep and repetition is how I get there. Good luck and let us know if you find something that helps.