Help me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Buster Brown, Aug 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys....I am doing a little something special with a band in a couple of weeks. I have the song list down pat (no problems there) but something is bugging the living daylights out of me. This song by the Moody Blues:

I've got the song down easily...note for note. Unfortunately I can NOT for the life of me figure out how the hell to get that incredible tone!!! I've tried every effect I have - shoot, I even ran it through a Moog - can't come close. Frankly, I think the song (literally) sucks without that great tone....

Any suggestions?

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Sounds like Seinfeld synth tone.

3. 12BitSlab

12BitSlab Gold Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Liberty Township
    99% of people can't tell the difference between bass and keyboards.

Get a Ric and you'll be close.

I'd be way more worried about getting the vocals correct than the bass part.

Buster Brown likes this.
  4. Which one of my Rics should I use? :cool: I have two. And no - the Ric makes little difference. I suppose that I will wing it and hope for the best. It won't sound like the recording - but when the Moody Blues played it live (Fender Jazz) it didn't sound like the recording, so I guess I will have to live with it.

And the vocals (at least for me - doing the 3rd part harmony) it's a piece of cake. I have one of those voices that is perfect for harmony.. :)

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help!

12BitSlab likes this.
  5. Beetfarm615

Beetfarm615

Feb 15, 2017
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021