Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help Me!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bass_Machine, May 6, 2005.

1. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    So I got home today, having recieved my Digitech Bass Synth Wah from a local shop, only to find that those incompetent idiots have ordered me a Synth Wah (not the bass version) anyone know if I can use the guitar one with bass? Will it make the sound any less good?

2. catdriver

catdriver

Apr 19, 2005
    Park City UT
    It's probably usable but if you check the specs it you may find that the bass version has a wider frequecy responce range.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Its not awful but the bass one is better send it back and complain.

4. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    What I wanna know is: Is it worth it to send it back, or should I just keep the non-bass version? Is there much difference? I'm really pissed off, I'm considering getting a refund and buying one somewhere else out of spite. :mad:

5. Wait a day or two to cool off, then take it back and get it exchanged. Should be no problem

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    SEND IT BACK

There isn't much difference in terms of sounds but the bass one tracks sooooo much better.

7. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    I'll wait however long I feel like waiting, which is no time at all. I'm going first thing tomorrow morning. My politeness will be directly proportional to the service I get.(This explains why I'm so angry right now) The only thing that would calm me down is if the mistake they made was in the shop and not on the ordering cause they can get new customers if they think I'm waiting for another pedal to arrive.

(sorry if I seem angry, but I am)

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Bass Machine, relax a bit. Really, you'll live longer.

Calmly explain to them what happened. Working in customer service, I know that people are a lot more willing to be helpful and work towards what you need if you're nice and polite and explain the problem rather than ranting and raving. Good luck with that matter.

On the other hand, it'll work, but it won't sound AS good. Take it back and get the right one.

9. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    No problem, I'm taking it back POLITELY. Apparetnly the new one should be in on tuesday. I'm sorry I seemed so mad, but it was at the end of a really crappy day and it was the only thing I was looking forward to. :meh: