Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help me

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by meridith, Mar 19, 2002.

1. meridith

meridith Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    clinton twp michigan
    im all about the goth and indusrial music, what effect boards are the best for that kinda thing? i am sick of using just keyboard for effects. :confused:

2. id say fuzz, octavers, pitch shifters, possible ring modulators (noise machines!), chorus (gothic all the way with a heavy rich chorus), and flanger may be useful... really almost anything... ESPECIALLY if used in conjuction and even more so when mixed with the write distortion.

3. meridith

meridith Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    clinton twp michigan
    thanks for the info man!

4. no prob... just remember that Multi-effects processors are CRAP!!! go for separte stomp boxes.

5. Hey, I'm in the same field of music glad to see another on the boards, I try to reach for those great 70's style funk wah sounds. Sort of a White Zombie kind of thing. But one thing you have to have to back up the lazy guitars is a good distortion. Something absolutly saturated in fuzz would be useful for filling in the gaps between the guitar.

I'd say the most useful effects for that genre of music would be fuzz, Envelope filters/followers (more like an LP auto wah), as INGL said a really thick lush sounding chorus is very useful and a harder hitting octaver like the Mutron octave divider or the EH Octave multiplexer.

I'll back this up; <b>stay away from the multi and digital effects!</b>