Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help me!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by helen, Apr 21, 2002.

1. helen

helen

Apr 21, 2002
    manchester, uk
    I am trying to decide which bass to buy... this will be my first bass so it doesn't need to be brilliant but i do want good quality... unfortunately i am broke so it has to be cheap

does anyone know if stagg basses are any good or does anyone know if the westone raider bass is any good???

thanx

2. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well first thing is Welcome to TalkBass...now down to the fun part.

you have to decide what you want....4,5, 6 or more string. most start on 4 and once you get the hang of it move up. good starter 4 string basses are squire, ibanex, or fender. you can get a new fender for less than $250 in the USA. ( im guessing your in USA because theres nothing to say elsewise in your profile) check out those companys websites or an online music store like www.marsmusic.com or www.guitartrader.com or you can go to your nearest guitar store and play till you find something you like.

did i do good guys, hehe. hope this helps
    later
    Lukas

3. danqi

danqi

May 21, 2001
    Germany
    You can never go wrong with a Yamaha. They make some of the highest quality low- and midrange basses.

4. helen

helen

Apr 21, 2002
    manchester, uk
    cheers guys...

5. hey helen
    fellow UK-ian here

go try a loada basses out, although my first suggestion would be a Yamaha RBX 270 (although i believe they now do an even cheaper one called the RBX 170), these are excellent budget basses.
    however, i'v lately been leaning to suggesting the Mexican fenders to begginers, simply because there VERY easy to find upgrades for!

if u need an amp as well, maybe try out a starter kit, i'd suggest the Hartke one!

hope you get what u want

*Si*