1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help me

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dkcolt95, Mar 26, 2009.

1. dkcolt95

dkcolt95

Mar 26, 2009
    okay, my bass is an Ibanez GSR205 and it is straight out of the box. i need to get it into a shop to get my bridge adjusted. so i need to ask two things. 1.) My bridge has a ratteling sound when i use my thumb to pluck my e string. can anyone tell me whats wrong?
    and 2.) I am taking my bass into the shop because my bridge needs adjusted. is there anything else that i need to ask the owner of the shop to adjust?
    please hurry asap cuz i need to have my bass fixed and back in my hands by mid april.

thanks
    drew

2. XylemBassGuitar

XylemBassGuitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 14, 2008
    Durango, CO
    Owner and Operator, Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars
    1) It could be a lot of things from a too-wide nut slot to fretbuzz...

2) I would just ask the owner of the shop to give the bass a basic setup. If the shop knows what they are doing, your bass should be very playable when they are done and shouldn't have weird quirks like the rattling that you described.

Of course, the GSR205 is pretty entry-level and thus it may not play as well as more expensive basses, even after the setup. But again, the setup should take care of any issues you are having with the bass. If it doesn't, either the shop didn't do a great job with the setup or you may need to exchange your bass.