Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help Moldy Cabinets!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grooveguru, Aug 17, 2004.

1. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    My 2 Eden carpeted cabinets got wet on the bottom when I got water in my garage. And ever since I've had a nasty case of mold growing on them. I can clean it off and spray them with Lysol but whenever the weather gets damp the mold comes right back. I need something that will take care of this once and for all. Any ideas on how to cure this?

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Mix 2 parts vinegar, 1 part warm water. Apply to the affected area and allow to dry in open air with light, sunlight works best IMO. Repeat as necessary. Vinegar really is the best cleaner for all non-wood products (too drying for most woods, but your cabs should be fine) and fungi don't stand a chance against it. Streak-free glass, mold-free tile, etc. Basically anywhere you might use Windex, etc. etc. etc. :smug:

3. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Thanks Big Guy I'll give it a try. Hey aren't we about due to swap basses again :smug:

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    If you have any sort of a Benavente 5, I'm certainly interested! ;)

Did the Lull reacquaint itself nicely to you, or has it moved on to other pastures? :cool:

5. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    The Lull is on a world tour. I alas am not!