1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help. more sensitivity of pole pieces, interference noise

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Music_for_life, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    Interference, hissy sound when I play my fender roscoe beck!
    The bass is passive, when I went to the studio the producer noticed this interference. But the interference desappears after some seconds. I dont know how to explain it well, but when I put my fingers close to the strings the noise start to get louder, I take off my hand of the strings, the noise is still there, then suddenly dessapears. It is different than the hiss of the ground, sometimes the noise appears when I am playing, lasts for some seconds and then go away. I keep quiet and the noise appears and dessapears, so it has nothing to do with a bad wire that moves and make the noise.
    I could record that day cause the noise dessapeared, now I think it is making that noise more often.
    Now I realize the pole pieces are more sensitive than before.
    Next week I will go to the luthier, but can somebody give any advice of what is the problem??
    Thanks

pd: To add more info; both pickups are in humcancelling mode in series.

2. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    help please

3. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    To add more info; both pickups are in humcancelling mode in series.

4. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    Maybe its a problem from the studio?
    Does your bass makes that noise in other places?

5. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    It makes the noise in different places.:scowl:

6. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    it's a passive bass, so i have a hard time believing that noises with a time component (appearing or disappearing after a few seconds) could be coming from the bass.

try cleaning the many switches (including the push-pull knob) and checking that all metal parts are grounded.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021