Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help! MXR M80 Sound Samples

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by leobajista, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Hello !
    I need some website with MXR M80 sound samples !
    I can't find any sound sample :crying:

I'd like to hear this like a SVT, and like Slap, Tapping,"korn", distorsion Presets

Thanks !

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Hi, I have one but don't have any samples.
    It's not going to do the SVT thing, it's second channel is distortion and not overdrive.
    With the 3 band eq, you can suck out all the mids you want for that fieldy sound I guess.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I have sound clips of one but not really doing what your asking, so don't know what good they would be to you.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have one also. It's a good EQ and boost pedal. The distortion IMO is so-so.

5. There is no problem. Give me those that they have, in Internet I could not obtain any sample. If they can send me the samples to leobajista(a)hotmail.com or upload to www.Rapidshare.de

Thank you very much! :)

:bassist:

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    cool thank for the link

http://rapidshare.de/files/4795602/MXR_M-80.mp3.html

Now this is with an Ibanez Blazer that is basically a P-bass, first couple of seconds are with out the mxr then it clicks in, and I show the first channel off, then the dist on an ok setting, then the dist and blend on full, then a low more kinda gritty sound, at some point I also show how the 2nd channel lends it self to a nice slap sound.

Either way no laughting :D

Enjoy

7. :D
    Thanks !!!
    Great sound ! and you are a good bass player !