1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help! My finger!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The Artist, Jan 31, 2004.

1. HELP! :help:
    I had a blister on my finger and it keeps coming back! I was playing for a long period today and it's painfull to play. Is there anything I can do or anything I shouldn't do?
    It's not like I don't play for long periods of time at practice, but lately this has kept happening.

I have a new 5 String bass of Ebay coming on Monday and I really want to play it good when it comes. :bassist:

any tips?

thx
    SCODI

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Take a break for a few days and let it heal. Turn up your amp and don't play so hard. If you have a gig, you can put superglue on the blister to get you through the night.

3. WhatOtto

WhatOtto

Dec 10, 2003
    Portland, OR.
    Check outlast months issue of bass player... they have an article about blisters.

4. I live in Germany, and I don't think you can get it here. I've never seen it anyway.

I only get the blister when I play my Ibanez GSR200, and it is much harder to play (my better bass is allways in the studio, so I can go straight to practice after work) for some reason. I've been wanting to get it setup propper, but I spent all my money on the new bass. :rolleyes:

ok, i'll just take it easy for a day or two :) ..... :crying:

thanks
    SCODI

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Bass player Magazine is available for overseas, but it will cost you a little bit more to get.
    http://www.bassplayer.com/

I agree with taking a couple days off to let your finger heal. You have a new bass coming, save your finger for when it comes in.

Good luck!

6. another thing...
    would using hand cream make it worse? (soften and so on)

I have to use hand cream at work, or my skin compleatly cracks

also it's only ever my index finger, wierd ...maybe I just use it more. I've been playing for about three and a half years now, the first half year I got blisters, but then it was all nice and hard on the tips (of my fingers :rolleyes: ) wonder why it's started again

SCODI

7. ChildoftheKorn

ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    IL
    i have the problem. Everytime a blister heas and calluces(sp) are forming agai....here comes the blister grrr lol but i guess its my fault i dig in to hard sometime and its always on my middle ifnger :spit: anyways badage it up with a banage or that liquid band because if you put 3 or 4 coats on it there like man made calluces(sp) as as for now my middle finger is almost fully healed...hehe
    good luck!