Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by silent method, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Mad for basses! She just spent her night sorting through 63 pages of basses on ebay searching and looking for a new bass for me and wants to spend our savings on some hot new bass gear! what should i do?
  2. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    You should lie back and think about how great your life is.
  3. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Wake up.
  4. Marry her!

- Dave
  5. Dude, my girl is almost the same way! I took her to Guitar Center, and her face lit up alsmost as much as mine! Thank God I got her hooked on playing!!!!

BUT, Now she wants a Spector, and of course, being the nice guy I am, I'm going to try to get her a Performer 4, cuz thats the one she digs!
  6. You are a lucky man!

Congrats. :cool:
  7. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Why is twice as much GAS in a realtionship a good thing? I suppose if you both want all the same stuff its cool, but do you really want to argue with your S.O. over Sadowsky vs. Bongo or Skyline vs. Stingray?

No thanks, I'll stick with my opera singer girlfriend, she understands my obession with music, but she needs to buy no equipment (since my GAS list extends to studio gear, the only stuff singers buy).
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    she is tricking you into committment.

9. Exactly. :smug:

But i would get dibs, cause us North Bayer's gotta stick together. :D
  10. JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003

Enjoy it!

My wife just bought me a Fender MIM Deluxe J V and I still can't believe it.

She still wants to buy me the Marcus Miller signature if we ever have the money.

She really likes that bass and she just loved the one she bought me.

It's a blessing when your sigificant other is into what you like to do.

11. oh believe me i am, actually she bought me my very first bass and got me into this crazy world. she is so supportive of everything i do and is always willing to listen to me go on and on about things i read on talkbass or new things i want to try. she is an amazing girl and i count my blessings every day
  12. JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003
    That's sweet, man! Sounds like my wife.

Happily married for seven years now, and we've known each other for ten.

Not very often you can find someone like your gf. That's something special.

Congrats on the upcoming bass!

13. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    you should do nothing :) its great to be able to share a your interest with her. She sounds like a great girl.

Just don't argue over what you're gonna buy... ;)
  14. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Very cool.

I don't wanna piss in your punch, but my word of advice would be BE CAREFUL. Last week I sold a bass to a guy who was replacing the exact same bass I sold his girlfriend a year and a half ago. She bought it for him for a bday gift and when they split up she took the bass with her. This kind of thing happens more than you'd think. Just be careful :)
  15. Show her the bass central or bassnw pages ;)
  16. C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
  17. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Clone her and hand one of her out to everyone on TalkBass.
    Now get going, you've got work to do. :D
  18. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    +1. That way, if she splits, the bass is legally half yours and all you have to do is offer to pay for her half. Then you can keep it. ;)
  19. hah, believe me if you guys knew all there was to it you wouldn't be the only one asking me to do this. I mean when I have to work long shifts she drops whatever she is doing and comes to bring me lunch and whenever our work scheduals don't line up she will do her best to get extra days off to come and see me at home and to top it all off she is drop dead goregous! I totally lucked out on this one and I keep asking myself why in the heck she is with me.

(it must be the big feet)

edit: and yes its true what they say :smug:

we do wear big shoes :bag: