Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help: My L2000 's pickup selector switch is broken !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kurisu, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    (Should this be in pickups or setup maybe?)

Well, the title says it all. :)
    The bridge only pickup setting works fine, then the middle setting (which should be both neck and bridge) gives a different sound, and the forward setting (should be neck only) gives the same sound as the middle setting. So I don't know whether the forward and middle are selecting neck or neck+bridge. I'm pretty sure, but not sertain, that the middle and forward are selecting neck+bridge, because I seem to remember a more thumpy Motown-vibe coming from neck only. But my aural memory isn't the best...

Should I bring the bass to the luthier at my local Long & McQuaide (like GC here in Canada) or should I open it up, take some pics and someone here can direct me? I don't have a soldering gun, and I'd rather not get one just for this one project. So maybe off to the luthier it goes? (Do luthiers even do electronics?)

Thanks everyone!

2. Unless you are pretty good at electronics/wiring, take it to the luthier. You can the wiring schematic @ http://www.glguitars.com under support area.