1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help naming a bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Feb 26, 2006.

1. I played a cool bass at the store today but I don't know what the model was.

It was made by Gretsch and it had a "stoneburst" thing going on. It was grey in the middle with black on the outside. It must have been a short scale and It had a painted black neck and two gibson-type knobs, volume and tone. It was also solid and had one metal pickup closer to the bridge.

I went on their site and I couldn't find it. It was $250!

Cheap, but it was fun to play on! :smug:

2. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
  3. That's it! Thanks. It was a fun to play on, something different than my Fender.

4. Funny, I played one of those today at Guitar Center. My friend has a Junior Jet and has been happy with it. I own a different Gretsch full sized bass, and have been very pleased with the company. They discontinued mine when they were bought out I think, I haven't seen any others, but the Juniors keep appearing, don't know what it means though.
    I especially like the body shape, I'm not a huge fan of the Fender body shape and it is a great alternative.