Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help naming a bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Feb 26, 2006.

1. I played a cool bass at the store today but I don't know what the model was.

It was made by Gretsch and it had a "stoneburst" thing going on. It was grey in the middle with black on the outside. It must have been a short scale and It had a painted black neck and two gibson-type knobs, volume and tone. It was also solid and had one metal pickup closer to the bridge.

I went on their site and I couldn't find it. It was $250!

Cheap, but it was fun to play on! :smug:

2. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
  3. That's it! Thanks. It was a fun to play on, something different than my Fender.

4. Funny, I played one of those today at Guitar Center. My friend has a Junior Jet and has been happy with it. I own a different Gretsch full sized bass, and have been very pleased with the company. They discontinued mine when they were bought out I think, I haven't seen any others, but the Juniors keep appearing, don't know what it means though.
    I especially like the body shape, I'm not a huge fan of the Fender body shape and it is a great alternative.