Help! Need a good choreographer!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassic83, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I need to learn to dance- actually the whole band does. How can we EVER hope to land a record deal unless we can out-dance every other band? The other bands I see in videos have multiple wardrobe changes, dance their patooties off...I really need to know how to incorporate backflips, splits, moonwalking, and posing at the end of every song. I'll be looking to audition for 8-10 background dancers as well. We don't write our own music (who does these days?) or actually play our instruments. We need to know who the best choreographer is out there, and the best wardrobe manager, and the best makeup artist, and the best hairstylist. The music really doesn't matter, anyone can do that, but we really want to be a VALID band, and really make our mark. We want to MATTER!!! After all, it doesn't matter if you can play or sing, it's how you look onstage that's the most important. Everyone else all sounds the same anyway, so I guess we could hire the actual songwriting out, and studio musicians to actually play it- we'll be too busy perfecting the dance routine anyway. Can't someone out there please help? I know this board is a valuable resource...c'mon guys and gals...someone out there knows someone!!!
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    dude you are putting the right foot down that many at talkbass dont take. I find it disturbing that many of the members here want to concentrate on "skills" or practice to make themselves better musicians. If you watch MTV for 5 minutes, while theyre playin music and not some other awesome show about rich people being married, you will see music today isnt about playing music, its about how you look. Good idea on the backup dancers, i think this may be a big trend your starting where limp bizkit left off. Carry on the torch brother.
  3. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Somehow, I knew someone would understand! :D
  4. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

+1,000 :D
  5. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Sometimes I curl into a tiny ball and weep for mankind. :rollno:
  6. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I like their posts, but I like yours better.