Help! Need Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass Hardware!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jaysaintny, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Jaysaintny

Jaysaintny Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Hello! I've recently purchased a rare 5-string Fender Jazz Aerodyne (attached), and while I'm really excited, I also want to change some of the hardware to make it look more like its sleeker Aerodyne cousin.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding original Fender aerodyne chrome skirted knobs, a black mirror/chrome 5-string J-bass pickguard, and a black mirror/chrome J-bass control plate. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Attached Files:

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  3. Jaysaintny

Dec 14, 2015
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion. At just $10 and $3 I went and bought both. To be honest, I prefer matte finishes, but there's something about that slick mirrored look with the Aerodyne that really strikes me.

Contacted Fender's consumer relations office for information on those knobs. They've been the most difficult to find, to be honest. Hope they get back to me with good news.

4. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Rayjay and Jaysaintny like this.
  5. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Jaysaintny likes this.
  6. Jaysaintny

Dec 14, 2015
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Oh wow. That's not far from my hometown at all, too.

Many thanks, sissy kathy. Very much appreciate all of your help!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021