Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP!Need help i.d'ing this bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tomd03, Oct 8, 2004.

1. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    O.K, I picked this up at a local pawn shop and I thought it was a great find. Now before getting it i looked up the company, "Aria pro II(roman numeral 2)" and yes, i have heard of Aria before, but wasnt sure about pro 2. So i looked around, and couldnt find an id for the bass. on the headstock (seen in picture(s) below) Aria Pro 2 Rev Sound Bass. now, i did find somewhere that had the rev sound and said that if you have the headstock that's more like horns like a p-bass,instead the gibson style arched back with 2 pegs to a side, it was fairly rare and could be worth thousands. now, i'm kinda aprehensive since i'm not sure, i THINK i've id'd it in the SB series, but i'm not sure if its SB900 or 1000. anyways here are some pics, if you guys could help me i'd be very thankful :D

[​IMG]
    Body (neck through if you're wondering)
    [​IMG]
    Head stock
    [​IMG]
    Serial number( 006017)

cheers

2. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    the bass that you have is an Aria Pro II RSB 900. It was made between 1979-81. This is from the first series of RSB basses that Aria made. I would imagine that its value would be between $400-600 depending on its condition. It is a very nice bass and I played quite a few TSB, RSB and SB in the 80's. These pop up occasionally on eBay and if you were interesting in selling it that would be where I would sell it. The Aria Pro II are starting to become collectable and really are great basses. I would hold on to it if I were you. Nice BAss!

3. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    therathole.org/guitars/models/models.html

You can get additional info there!