Help! need senior recital music

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by jdphillips73, Dec 12, 2001.

1. jdphillips73

Dec 12, 2001
    hi all,
    this is my first post here.
    i have been playing the DB for about 3 years and next year i must perform on senior recital to graduate from school. can anyone recommend any intermediate pieces that would be suitable?

dont laugh, but the type of stuff i am playing is the elephant, die meistersinger, and gavotte by bach, and minuet in G by bach...

doug phillips
  2. Doug,

You didn't say if you are in High School or College. There are others here more in the know here than I am, such as KPO the new pro. How about Dragonetti's Concerto in A major? Just a thought.

3. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    How about Sonata No. 3 in A Minor by Vivaldi?
  4. bootsaco

Sep 8, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Marcello sonata in G

Capuzzi Concerto

Sicilliene from concerto grosso by vivaldi

not incredibly challenging, but nice pieces of music, but i'm sure you've figured it out by now.

5. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    It's been over a year tell us how it all came out. What did you play and how did you do?

6. sdjbass

Mar 11, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    well you sound kind of paniced so play something like, the capuzzi, but that could be too hard, considereding your playing the elephant, so talk it over with you teacher, thats the best option
  7. Peter Ferretti

Peter Ferretti Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Beethoven has a nice Sonatina that I played in Middle School as my Interlochen Audition. I still play it once in a while, just because it sounds cool. It's in that pink book I think, Solos for the Double Bass player?