HELP! Need some cab advice.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigwig, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    I am pretty limited knowledge-wise when it comes to bass cabinets.
    I currently run a yorkville head into a 2x10 yorkville cab, but in the past few months have decided that I want to move up to a 410 cabinet due to volume issues.
    Im kind of lost when it comes to finding the right cabinet. And I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
    I play in a punk/metal style band, and was wondering what brands I should look at, and which brands I should avoid.
    As far as price range is concerned, Im still a student (damn the high tuition fees), and will most likely be limited to $500 american.
    Should I look for a more expensive used cabinet, or less expensive cabinet new?
    Any help would be more than appreciated.
  2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

My preference is typically to buy better gear used, and look it over carefully... That being said, the 410s being offered by Avatar these days look to be a great value in new cabs...

- georgestrings
  3. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    Thanks for the reply, how hard are these Avatar cabsto find in Canada, more specifically southern Ontario.
    Thanks again.
    Any other companies to look at?

I used them to order my Avatars, and the prices are definitely fair, if you take into account the lack of customs hassles........sometimes a smooth transaction is worth a little extra cash.