Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help...need some country tunes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bmc, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I have a gig in two weeks playing for a line-dancing club Christmas function. We have 10-15 country songs, or songs we can do in a country style. Need more tunes.

Given the audience, can you guys please throw me some song names and artists?

Thanks a bunch.

Brian

2. TVD

TVD

Jul 14, 2004
    Here's some pretty well known line dance country songs. Boot Scoot boogie by Brooks & Dunn....Fast as you by Dwight Yoakam....If they ask for a cha cha, Neon Moon by Brooks & Dunn works good...I've seen people line dance to old songs like Tulsa Time, and Mustang Sally if you guys know any of those already.
    The problem with alot of those line dance clubs is they learn a dance to one specific song, and they can't or won't do that dance to any other song, even if they could do it to a different song with a similar beat. It's like they're Pavlovs dog or something, they only respond to a certain stimuli. I mean there's certain songs i've played for certain line dance clubs cuz they asked us to learn them, but i'd hesitate to recommond those songs to you cuz i have no idea if the club you're going to playing for will know them or not, so it may be a waste of time on your part. But anyhow, for specific clubs songs like "Life is a highway by Chris Ledoux, i think some rock act did that song too. Also "Nothing but the tailights" by Clint Black was another we learned for a line dance club.
    What i'd maybe suggest is to see if you can possibly contact the leader of the line dance club, or anyone in the club really, and ask them what songs they dance to. Trent

3. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001

There's some wisdom fer ya right there.

4. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Do you have a Male Vocalist of Female ?

5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    If you don't like Hank Williams, you can kiss my ass.
    We do a great rendition.

6. TVD

TVD

Jul 14, 2004
    You mean people actually line dance to that song? If so, that surprises me. That seems like more of a sh!t kicker redneck/white trash style tune than a line dance style song. Trent

7. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Get Rhythm

Tom