help!!!! need wiring diagram for washburn abt 10 bass with active pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kawiokie, Aug 24, 2017.

1. kawiokie

kawiokie

Mar 12, 2017
    hello, ive got a little project going but need a schematic or drawing of the wiring. i dont think it was right when i got it. i bought it body and electronics only. i put a fender fretless bass neck on it and want to finish it up. i stretched everything out to get the intonation right. no luck haunting the internet for one with my circut board. thanks in advance

2. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    Are they REALLY active pickups, or just passive pickups with a preamp? (much more common, by the way). If there's a circuit board in the bass then it's almost certainly passive pickups with a preamp. I looked up pics of a Washburn ABT online, there's some different configurations but most seem to have two jazz-bass style pickups mounted at an angle. Some models have a Les Paul type of pickup switch and 3 knobs, others appear to have 4 knobs.

Why not? Some more details would help, and pictures of the circuit board would help too if you plan on re-using it.

There's really only a couple of standard ways to wire up a two pickup bass, it just depends on what controls & features you're looking for.

3. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

Here is what you need but it depend of your preamp model.

Attached Files:

4. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

Oups! I was thinking it was an AB bass for the Force ABT with the two jazz it's this one, it's for the XS-6 but the Force ABT, the Axxess and the Mercury series share the same electronics and the XS-6 had two Jazz pups like the Force ABT B10 and B20

Attached Files:

5. kawiokie

kawiokie

Mar 12, 2017
    good morning. thank you for the help. especially explaining the pickup not being active. after whining on here i put on my big boy pants and actually found a politically correct diagram. i am going to try to download it on here to add to all the help schematics you so generously sent. its in Hungarian but the pics were great. it got everything working. i just need to ground my bridge now. ill post a pic of the bass on here for you to wonder what this guy is doing lol. thanks again.

Attached Files:

6. kawiokie

kawiokie

Mar 12, 2017
    here is a pic. the body work isnt done yet. im debating on cutting the headstock to resemble a traditional washburn headstock

Attached Files: