1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help needed for rack mounting an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DavetheDude, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    Hiya guys,

normally, this shouldn't be big of a deal. I just received an Eden WT550 amp. The guy also provided two rack ears. Great, I wanted to use a rack anyways and have one lying around here. Now, I wanted to simply put the rack ears on, but it doesn't look like there are any rack threads where the ears will be mounted. I can see marks from a former mounting there, but I don't know what to correctly mount the ears now.

Does anyone know if I need a special set of screws or something similar?

All the best,
    David

2. Pictures might help?

3. Did it not come with the screws?
    The 3 holes on the front shaped like a triangle

Is where to mount it.
    upload_2017-1-11_11-17-28.

Installed should look like this.

tasnnhj89cocdsdxsfap.

nv9yj6luueb57rato2w2.

Thor and murphy like this.
  4. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    Lol i feel like The stupidest dude right now.

Yes, i know where to mount The ears, i just don't have The screws for it then. No, they did not come with the rack ears. I removed The screws from the amp Cover and they had screw threads, so I wasn't sure about the holes for the rack mount

5. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Use the correct thread size screws ..maybe get from your music store

Or I'm sure Eden will send you some

6. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Al Kraft likes this.
  7. I think he is talking about the screws that secure the ears to the chassis. They are usually smaller than 10-32. They may also be metric. Take the amp to the hardware store if you don't know the size. Once he has the ears attached then it's likely that 10-32 will be needed to bolt to the rack. Though I've run into 12-24 on occasion as well. You can probably get what you need at a local hardware store. They might be nickel plated if that doesn't bother you.

8. Thor is correct they are #10-32, the same as used to mount to the rack rails.
    DavetheDude make sure to get plastic washers for them.

DavetheDude likes this.
  9. Cool. Thanks for setting me straight on that.
    I do a lot of rack mounting and haven't seen 10-32 used on anything that small.
    That's extra heavy duty, and nothin' wrong with that.

DavetheDude, Al Kraft and S-Bigbottom like this.
  10. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    Thanks buddies, I like you guys alot, many on TB are a nice bunch!

I'll try that out right away tonight. I just remembered that I had ordered a pack of rack screws for no specific reason from Thomann a couple of months ago, so they should be fine then! Totally forgot about those :D

We have a different measurement here, I think, but should work out considering that they are universal rack screws.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  11. Thor

If your stuff doesn't fit, and it turns out you need a few 10-32 mailed to you, shoot a PM, there my be some hanging around on the workbench that can get mailed off to you.

DavetheDude likes this.
  12. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    Thanks a bunch, Thor!

These screws don't even fit my rack. I think that the amp as well as the rack have the same screw size, but my pack, Adam Hall 5410BLK, are too big.

Sending some over would be really nice and appreciated, but I live in Germany, so I'd like to spare you that lol

I will order a new rack I think, as the one I have here is only borrowed anyway, I will order the right screws with it. Have you got a clue what would be the correct size in metrics? (I think the size is M4 times x, M6 times x etc.)

13. Thor

14. Thor

The Adam Hall 5410BLK are M6 and 16mm long, so they are bigger than both the 10-32 and 12-24.