1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP Needed: GK 10" 082-0017-D

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by franvarin, Dec 13, 2017.

1. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    I have a 2x10 cab with 2 of these in it. I believe one of them is blown but, I cannot find any information on this specific speaker. If anyone has some info or can point me in a direction, that would be really appreciated. I'm interested in picking up a used one, pricing to have it reconed, or possibly info on a suitable replacement. thanks in advance!

2. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Have you tried giving GK a call?

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    It would be best to first confirm that the speaker is indeed blown.

Sometimes it is simply a loose connection. Remove the speaker from the cabinet and perform a battery test. Momentarily tap a 9 volt battery actoss the terminals, the speaker cone should move. If not, something is wrong. Gently and evenly push and release the speaker cone with all your fingers and listen. If you hear rubbing, something is wrong.

4. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    yes... when i gently push on the code i do hear a rubbing sound on the one that is suspect. the other is silent. I think it may be the coil.

beans-on-toast likes this.
  5. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    That's on my agenda based on timezone. ;)

agedhorse likes this.
  6. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    Just circling back around on this so I don't leave anyone hanging who might be interested. After some research and such I called around and settled on ordering a replacment from GK. They don't make the same model any longer but, did identify a speaker which is the replacement for the one I have. So, I'm waiting for it to arrive.

BassmanPaul and agedhorse like this.
  7. Thank you for keeping us informed. :)

8. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    Just to wrap this up. The GK speaker arrived and it dropped it in the cab... problem solved! Good comliment to the original. For those who might be interested the part number for the new speaker replacement is:

082-0850-B

Just wanted to say thank you to those who took the time to respond and offer suggestions, much appreciated!

agedhorse likes this.