Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help needed: Picture of a 1988-1989 Ibanez bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SansFret, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Hi everyone,

After seeing the "Ibanez Club" thread, I started looking to see if anyone had a bass like the first one I ever owned.

It was a 1988 magenta (dark pink) Ibanez that got stolen from my house. From what I can remember, it had a P/J configuration and a rosewood fretboard. It was not a soundgear model. In fact, it looked like the Ibanez guitars that Satriani and Vai used in those days...

If anyone here has a bass like that or a picture of such an instrument, you'd be very kind to post it or PM it to me, so I can show my wife that I DID once play a pink bass...

Thanks a bunch!!

David

2. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I had an EX405 that killed. My 87 Ric got stolen along with my amp. I went to "Richies Music" in Rockaway NJ and told my buddy Richie (Not the owner, his name was Jim) that I needed the best dirt cheap bass he knew of... he pulled me out a dark blue EX405. I used it for about 2 years before letting a student have it.

What a great tone it had.

4. THAT'S IT!!

The bass was a Roadbass 707. I remember the black hardware and all. My first REAL bass.
    I used to play this thing through a Traynor cube and it just rocked!!! I was playing in the basement and my grand mother, who lived upstairs from us could ear every single note.
    I would probably still have it if some jerk hadn't broke into our house and steal every piece of valuable we had back then...but anyway.

Thanks a lot guys!!

5. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Unfotunately I know how that feels too...

Glad I could help.

6. The Eristic

The Eristic Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Cartersville, GA
  7. Right on!
    Eristic, if you ever wanna sell it, we could talk ;)