1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help needed: Picture of a 1988-1989 Ibanez bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SansFret, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Hi everyone,

After seeing the "Ibanez Club" thread, I started looking to see if anyone had a bass like the first one I ever owned.

It was a 1988 magenta (dark pink) Ibanez that got stolen from my house. From what I can remember, it had a P/J configuration and a rosewood fretboard. It was not a soundgear model. In fact, it looked like the Ibanez guitars that Satriani and Vai used in those days...

If anyone here has a bass like that or a picture of such an instrument, you'd be very kind to post it or PM it to me, so I can show my wife that I DID once play a pink bass...

Thanks a bunch!!

David

2. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I had an EX405 that killed. My 87 Ric got stolen along with my amp. I went to "Richies Music" in Rockaway NJ and told my buddy Richie (Not the owner, his name was Jim) that I needed the best dirt cheap bass he knew of... he pulled me out a dark blue EX405. I used it for about 2 years before letting a student have it.

What a great tone it had.

4. THAT'S IT!!

The bass was a Roadbass 707. I remember the black hardware and all. My first REAL bass.
    I used to play this thing through a Traynor cube and it just rocked!!! I was playing in the basement and my grand mother, who lived upstairs from us could ear every single note.
    I would probably still have it if some jerk hadn't broke into our house and steal every piece of valuable we had back then...but anyway.

Thanks a lot guys!!

5. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Unfotunately I know how that feels too...

Glad I could help.

6. The Eristic

The Eristic Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Cartersville, GA
  7. Right on!
    Eristic, if you ever wanna sell it, we could talk ;)